Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Here from There!!!!!

Well, we made it. In 24 hours (it seemed like 24 light years) we traveled the globe. St Louis to Detroit over the Arctic Circle through Russia to Shanghai.
Flying to China is LOOOOOONG. I told my husband, to just send for our stuff since I am not going back home on that flight! The first few hours of the flight you think, "geez, this isn't sooo bad". Even 6 hours in , you've eaten dinner, watched a movie or two and maybe even taken a nap. It's when the real tired sets in and it's bedtime. Now you're thinking, am I really going to sleep in this seat for 8 hours? I can't get comfortable and kids are spilling over from their seats with their arms and heads and legs all over you. I am thinking what in the world are we doing?

The important thing is that we're here. At around 12:30 am we arrived at the White Swan, all together and all in one piece. Here we are an hour before we meet Torie. The jitters set in and we are nervous. I am nervous...will she be crying, hanging on to her nanny for dear life? Will she like us? Will she look at us and say..."wow, these people are old, I was expecting Brangelina."? In 20 minutes we meet our guide to drive to Civil Affairs to meet her. Her life as she knew it is about to change. I pray that this brave little soul is not too scared and has the courage to leap into this big loving family!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for you all today, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie and family,

    By now, you have met her. I am sure you will be fine. Jing Jing was good until it was time to get on the elevator, and then, she only shed quiet tears.

    We will keep praying for you. Please tell Ling Ling that Jing Jing is asking about her. If it will make her feel better, I will commit to flying to your city sometime this Summer so the two can reunite.

    God Bless,

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching and waiting - God Bless you as you you add one more and go through the next few wks of adjusting - you are finally here and it has come together!
    Lavonne

    ReplyDelete